Elmhurst Summer School Dance Kit

HAIRBELLES

Can anybody help who have had experience of, or who is going to Elmhurst Summer School?

I know I could ring the school but sometimes they say "oh don't worry its ok if you haven't got it don't go out and buy it" but I believe my daughter's friend says it is quite strict.

Already I have found out she needs character shoes and a little wrap around skirt neither of which are on the list.

Back to the point,my main concerns are will she need a national character skirt and do they wash their dance kit for them?

Any other useful information will be much appreciated!

Hi don't worry about the character skirt as my daughter didn't have one last year, she did however have the little wrap around skirt. Also regarding leotards if you haven't got seven leotards see if you can borrow some from your daughters friends. Luckily over the years my daughter seems to have gathered a collection of leotards. I would also suggest seven pairs of ballet transverible tights, dance direct fo them cheap and you can use them again and again. My daughter really enjoyed this summer school last year, it was very well organised with plenty to do.

• Like 1

Just asked my daughter and she said that you will need the character shoes and also she didn't think that there was anyone there to wash the dance kits, hope that has helped a little bit. My fingers keep slipping off the key board so it looks like I am a terrible speller ha ha.

Thanks Tulip

Thats a great help!

Would you mind asking her if she used her practice (is it s or c can never remember) tutu I have got that ....I'm relieved we dont have to take bedding as we will be going on the train.

Did they need much spending money?

We didn't have a character skirt last year and won't this time either. Think they did use the character shoes though . My dd wore her practise wrap around skirt but never used the tutu skirt.

They don't get anything washed - the reference to a washing bag on the kit list is for full time students . I did question it with them a couple of years ago !

Lil

• Like 1