RAD Vocational Exams at Vocational schools

Petitallegro

I was coming back on to make similar points to Harwel, Pups_mum and Balletbean - that the lack of Adv 2 on a current timetable doesn't mean that it wouldn't be taught if there was a need by a student or students in the school at the time.

It may happen in private lessons, it may happen only in some years, it may happen under another name (so it may be part of an overall 'senior ballet class') but I suspect many teachers would offer it if there was a need.

So if you can't find a school that 'overtly advertises' Adv 2 on its timetable, it may well be worth trying a call to schools that are otherwise suitable to see if they would offer it if needed.

• Like 2

DDs schools timetable currently shows up to Adv Found but that is because there isn't anyone studying a higher level, said f and when there is it will be put into the timetable. So I echo above just because it isn't on the timetable doesn't mean it can't or won't happen, so ask the question first.

• Like 2

That's good news for Hammond students taking their majors as its an expensive business. How many Hammond students are working towards their Adv 2 RAD at present ? Only dancers with Distinction in RAD Adv 2 can enter the International Genee, I think most dancers of Solo Seal standard are already in work or concentrating on auditions.

I know a dancer who went to a vocational school just for sixth form, so she went back to her old after school dance school to take her Adv 2 RAD. I guess if you've been following a syllabus since you were 6 or longer some dancers just want to see it through to the end. Good for them I say.