EYB wolverhampton casting

Luckyshoes

Hi all, DD has been casted on pointe as a little mirinsky ??..anyone know what this is ?? what type of dance ?? ?? what type of costume ?? does anyone know whether this will be the only dance she does or will she have a second one ?? thanks in adance guys

Hi all, DD has been casted on pointe as a little mirinsky ??..anyone know what this is ?? what type of dance ?? ?? what type of costume ?? does anyone know whether this will be the only dance she does or will she have a second one ?? thanks in adance guys

The Little Marinskys are really nice parts. The EYB version of Swan Lake is set in Russia, within the Marinsky Theatre. Dancers from the ballet company feature in the story quite a lot. (Don't want to give too much away and spoil it for you though!) Your DD will only have one costume but will appear in 2 Acts. The costumes are pretty - they're like the ballet dresses in Degas' paintings. It's a lovely production and I'm sure your daughter will have a wonderful time.

Edited by Pups_mum
  • Like 1

Well done to your dd tracey47. My dd was there too and was delighted to be cast on pointe as she has done very little pointe work (don't know if she will be so delighted when her feet hurt though!) She is going to be a nursemaid and a hungarian dancer - again no idea what this involves but I am happy that my dd is happy :)

hi pups mum, thankyou for the information...are the lttle Marinskys on pointe as DD is abit confused....thanks in advance

They certainly were on pointe in Newcastle, so I would expect so. However, EYB do vary the choreography from place to place dependent on the cast so i wouldn't like to say 100%.

Well done to your dd tracey47. My dd was there too and was delighted to be cast on pointe as she has done very little pointe work (don't know if she will be so delighted when her feet hurt though!) She is going to be a nursemaid and a hungarian dancer - again no idea what this involves but I am happy that my dd is happy :)

They are also lovely parts with very pretty costumes. Have fun!

• Like 1