Irish National Youth Ballet Company.

Lisa O`Brien

Thought I would mention this company, as my son's cousin plays violin in the Irish National Youth Ballet Orchestra, which perform  live with each performance. According to their website, this Dublin based Company is made up of people with ballet training between the ages of 10 and 20. Auditions are held every June for the coming season. They have a Facebook page and their website can be found at www.inybco.com.

• Like 1

The 8 year old has danced with their boys associates programme last year and this, and danced in their Midsummer's Night Dream last year. Not sure how/if they're using the associates in the Nutcracker, they have a lot of boys in the junior company this year. It's been amazingly good experience for him. (And the orchestra was amazing last year, did you see the show Lisa?)

It's a pretty good group, putting on proper shows and doing lots of training. One of their alumni boys got into RBS upper school last year and good numbers of them go on to vocational training, mostly in U.K. Classes and rehearsals every Saturday and during midterm breaks and the like.

• Like 1

The 8 year old has danced with their boys associates programme last year and this, and danced in their Midsummer's Night Dream last year. Not sure how/if they're using the associates in the Nutcracker, they have a lot of boys in the junior company this year. It's been amazingly good experience for him. (And the orchestra was amazing last year, did you see the show Lisa?)

It's a pretty good group, putting on proper shows and doing lots of training. One of their alumni boys got into RBS upper school last year and good numbers of them go on to vocational training, mostly in U.K. Classes and rehearsals every Saturday and during midterm breaks and the like.

No, I've never watched them, Colman.

It's worth seeing as ballet. I've seen their nutcracker before and the first act was really charming and funny and a bit Irish - actually one of my favourite versions of it. The second act was fine too, but suffered because you're always comparing the classic choreography to the versions danced by the big pro companies. (And I didn't have any connection to the company at the time.)

• Like 1