Ballet Cymru Summer Intensive Ballet course

Loulabelle

Was just wondering if anyone had experience of this summer school at the younger end?

I've emailed them and they still have places. My daughter is 11yrs old so would be one of the younger ones, although she meets all their requirements I am wondering if it will be too intensive for her? Also she won't know anyone so will be apprehensive.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Which of their courses? My younger DD will be on course 3 and she is 12. I wouldn't worry about her not knowing anyone as my elder DD went last year and found it a very friendly summer school. There were a fair number of girls who already knew each other as they went to ballet schools in the local area but they were welcoming and some of the other parents were great with advice on where to go, what to do etc in the local area. Other dancers came from further afield - including Ireland and USA and quite a few were at vocational school. As for the intensity - it is undoubtedly hard work but my DD loved it. The days were full of dance and very busy. My younger DD is also a little apprehensive. She knows 2 girls going this year but they are 14 and considerably further on in ballet than her but she is also really looking forward to it as she saw for herself last year how much her sister enjoyed it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

My DD took part in this course in the summer and had a wonderful time.  They had a very full day 9.30 - 5.30 if I remember correctly, which was filled with classical / PDD / contemporary work.  The company take the classes and also included pilates / stretching and creative work.  She had a very enjoyable and busy week - the presentation to the parents at the end of the week showed how hard they had all worked - it was lovely to see all the age ranges presented rather than just one age group.    Highly recommend it.

• Like 1