Royal Ballet School Documentary

Was it the one which was combined with the Royal Ballet (Ionha Loots complaining about being unable to contemplate a mortgage as a corps dancer, and Steven McRae saying he wouldn't be hanging around if he didn't get promoted to Principal relatively soon), or was that a different one?  I know there was some other programme on White Lodge, but I thought it was more from a historical and architectural point of view.

Was the former called "Dreams to Reality", or something?  My brain won't totally retrieve it at present.

• Like 3

I remember well the one described by Alison in post 2. It included excerpts from "Homage to the Queen", which was performed in 2006 as part of the Royal Ballet's 75th anniversary celebrations. 2006 would be the right date for a young Anna Rose O'Sullivan, she would have been dancing one of the young girls in the Dowell "Swan Lake" around then.

• Like 2

From the BBC Christmas 2006 Press Release:

BBC Two, Christmas Day: The Royal Ballet - Dreams to Reality

A behind-the-scenes documentary about the pursuit of personal dreams, this programme follows the everyday highs and lows in the lives of the students and dancers of the Royal Ballet School and the Royal Ballet Company, currently celebrating its 75th anniversary.

Real-life Billy Elliots and established stars talk with candour and passion about the pain, pleasures and perils of life in ballet's fast lane. A talented male dancer in his teens reveals how being a karate black-belt helped him survive on the streets of Glasgow, a 12-year-old girl says that if she can't make the grade as a dancer for the Royal Ballet she'll join the army, and we witness an emotionally-charged year for Darcey Bussell who, with an eye on easing into retirement, has become a Principal Guest Artist with the company at which she has spent her entire career.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2006/12_december/08/christmas.shtml

• Like 3