Quoting feature not working?

alison

Over the last couple of days, when I've tried quoting from other people's posts, the Quote button hasn't worked - I've just been sent to the Reply box.  Is anyone else having this?

Admittedly, I'm using the archaic Internet Explorer 8, but it was never this way until a couple of days ago.  I'm getting the "Error on page" message at bottom left, which may be connected.

Over the last couple of days, when I've tried quoting from other people's posts, the Quote button hasn't worked - I've just been sent to the Reply box.  Is anyone else having this?

Admittedly, I'm using the archaic Internet Explorer 8, but it was never this way until a couple of days ago.  I'm getting the "Error on page" message at bottom left, which may be connected.

Fine here.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to be very intermittent, or something, to me.  John, you'll note that one posting I made a shortish while ago has proper quotes, whereas one I made just a few minutes ago won't allow me to do a real quote at all.  I'm bemused.

• 2 years later...

Discussion on editing quotes from the "Nunez 20th anniversary" thread:

19 hours ago, alison said:

Sorry, really can't get the website to let me move my comment outside the box - is that new?

19 hours ago, capybara said:

The risk of this happening is reduced if you pare down your quote so that there is no space between the words and the edge of the box and make sure there is a space between the bottom of the box and what you want to say.

18 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

I find it easier to put my comment on under the quote and then edit the quote.  I've had an issue with this for a while and that is now my workaround.