Royal Ballet dancers Matthew Ball and Yasmine Naghdi, amongst others, are raising money for the British Red Cross

I must admit I have been deeply affected all week by both dancers and their wonderful partnership. I keep going over their R&J pdds in order to hang on to, and relive, their performance of last week. I honestly can't remember when I was last so affected by a Royal Ballet partnership. Such a shame Mr. O'Hare did not cast them together in Two Pigeons, that would have been something to look forward to! I cant help but wondering WHEN will we see those two great artists dance together again...

Edited by Nina G.
  • Like 2

Yasmine's and Matthew's afternoon at JW3 was a delight. Introduced by Gerald Dowler, they showed us a mini-class (taken by Ricardo Cervera who was announced as an RB's Assistant Ballet Master in training to coach the Ashton rep.). This was followed by Ricardo coaching both dancers in the solos from the R&J ballroom scene after which they performed these solos (beautifully) together with the bedroom pdd (wonderful - with so much emotion even though the audience was but a whisker away from them!). Unusually, the afternoon included very little talking - which was a bit of a shame as many of us would have loved to have heard Yasmine and Matthew speak about their experience of dancing R&J and the amazing reception their performance received.

In the evening at the Red Cross Gala, they danced the balcony pdd at the end of a very mixed programme of dance. Once again, they had to adapt to a smallish space but they managed to do this and retain all the mood and feeling of that moment in the ballet - fabulous dancing and interpretation which garnered lots of bravos from an audience clearly more accustomed to 'Strictly   ' than to ballet. 

Stars now - not simply 'stars in the making'.

• Like 9

Thank you for reporting back on both events. I'd spotted too late that they were to perform at last night's Red Cross Gala if not I'd have certainly attended.  Let's hope they converted some "Strictly" fans to ballet!!!

• Like 1