Pay Walls and Restricted Internet Access

I was one - among many I'm sure - who made an over the odds contribution to BcoF.

I am struggling to understand how a voluntary contribution, with no stated minimum, for a non-subscription web forum can be "over the odds". Surely people donated what they thought it was worth donating (taking into account their means).

Personally I'm thrilled at the generosity of the members (and non-members) who keep this site running and so, if anyone else thinks they paid over the odds, I'd appreciate them letting me know.

• Like 8

I am struggling to understand how a voluntary contribution, with no stated minimum, for a non-subscription web forum can be "over the odds". Surely people donated what they thought it was worth donating (taking into account their means).

Personally I'm thrilled at the generosity of the members (and non-members) who keep this site running and so, if anyone else thinks they paid over the odds, I'd appreciate them letting me know.

There was a suggested guideline towards the contribution I believe in the beautifully authored request letter from Sim.  That's what I was referring to.  My apologies for not spelling that out sufficiently for you, bangorballetboy, and I am sorry if the turn of phrase was unclear for anyone else. 

I too am always thrilled by the vast generosity of spirit of so, so many BcoF members in so, so many ways.  It is truly life enriching.  

Edited by Bruce Wall

There was a suggested guideline towards the contribution I believe in the beautifully authored request letter from Sim. That's what I was referring to. My apologies for not spelling that out sufficiently for you, bangorballetboy, and I am sorry if the turn of phrase was unclear for anyone else.

I too am always thrilled by the vast generosity of spirit of so, so many BcoF members in so, so many ways. It is truly life enriching.

So what you were trying to say was "I donated more than the suggested amount." You'll have to excuse my confusion, which arose because that's not what "over the odds" means.