Dance Teacher Exams advice

lyndsaye

My daughter is 17 and as just passed her DDI Modern and DDI Tap and as been offered a part time job as a dance teacher

She is thinking of leaving her present college as they have just made the course into another 2 year course rather than another 1 year , meaning it is now going to take her 2 years to finish her DDE'S and also she might not beable to fit in the part time job as well as the full time college course

Can anyone suggest what she should do , stay and finish the course , leave and do them in a few years or find somewhere else who offers a shorter course ?

Any help appreciated

xx

That situation seems extremely strange to me!

For a course to be extended from 1 year to 2, you would normally expect the number of hours per year to be reduced, i.e. fior the course to change from full-time to part-time.

If she is not already financially committed, I would strongly suggest she start looking at other options as soon as possible, to explore whether changing colleges would be a feasible proposition.

What course is she doing? Possibly a Level 3 BTEC? The first year is a 90 credit diploma and the 2nd year is an Extended Diploma. Completing both years is the same as A levels, however you still get the 90 credit diploma when you complete the first year. I wonder if this is what has happened?

Heather

Aka Taximom