Sylvie Guillem on Radio and TV

Did anyone hear Guillem being interviewed about her forthcoming retirement on R4's 'Front Row' last night?  It was - IMO - one of her most interesting interviews, relaxed, humourous and informatve,  She said she wouldn't be giving up dancing altogether but would seek suitable (read 'doable') contemporary work - mentioning Maliphant, saying that for instance she would like to try dancing with a  woman, something she had never done in her carer to date.  And - speaking of her career as a young dancer -  she revealed that after every performance of her signature role in Forsyth's 'In The Middle' she would be almost literally unable to walk on the following day, so it wasn't that easy for her!

For anyone interested, the programme should still be available to hear on BBC radio's repeat system.
I

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for posting this. I found the interview very interesting but it could have been so much better with a decent and better prepared interviewer. I thought Sylvie came over very well and her sincerity shone through despite some pretty banal questions. It would also have improved matters had Zenibe Bedawi actually listened to some of the responses and not jumped in too quickly in places.

Either way, thank you Sylvie for some utterly glorious memories. I also think you should be appreciated for the fact that you very rarely cancelled your planned performances. As someone who was brought up on seeing Makarova it was a very refreshing change.