Oh for a time machine...

An unexpected insight from this morning's Times, in the section where people add their own memories to the paper's formal obituaries:

"...he [Harvey McGregor] and the distinguished ballet critic, Clement Crisp, were the Ugly Sisters in my production of Cinderella, the Oxford University Drama Society pantomime of that year."

Helpmann style or Ashton, I wonder?

• Like 5

I have often wished there were such a thing as a time machine, for several reasons. I would have given anything to have seen Pavlova dance,who I idolise above all other dancers. Also to have been at the Moulin Rouge during those early first few years ,watching La Goulue, Jane Avril, Nini Pattes En L`Air at al dance. Bet they didn`t for one second imagine both they and the Moulin Rouge would be world famous 125 years later and still going strong. Also, on a personal note,I have been tracing my family tree on my father`s side,the O`Brien`s for many years now. Would give almost anything to be able to go back to 1946,when my grandfather was still alive,to meet him, get to know him. Although by all accounts from what I have heard about him he wasn`t a very nice person. But still, it would have been nice to have known a real person ,other than just dates and facts.