Pre associate programme

MummytoIzzy

I have been asked if my daughter would be interested in this programme.  She previously did a term of ballet at another ballet school.  I was not happy with the school so moved her.  She has been at the new school (very well regarded) for 3 weeks and is really enjoying it.  I have been told this is a programme for children that may be suitable to audition for the Royal Ballet school associates.

Any advice would be appreciated.  My daughter is 7 and a half and does really love ballet but as I say has only been doing it for 6 months.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Yes her new school.  I have been given more information and spoken to them.  Going to go for it.  Izzy is very keen.  Very excited for her.  They said she has a lot of natural talent and musicality etc so excited to see how she progresses.  

Very proud of her to be given the opportunity.

• Like 3

That’s fabulous!

Just for info - something to look out for  are the RBS JA for a Day days. I was at one with one of my students at the weekend and it has inspired her to audition! They are for children from yr 3 to give them an inside as to what it’s like to be a JA. 

My own dd did one at 7yrs, auditioned and got in in yr4. Went to vocational school for 5 years from yr7 and is now at College doing what she loves!!!

• Like 1

On 29/01/2019 at 18:59, MummytoIzzy said:

That sounds fantastic thank you.  I will look out for the RBS JA days.  I’m glad your dd is following her dream and enjoying what she loves :) 

It looks as if JA Insight Days for Spring are fully booked:  https://www.royalballetschool.org.uk/train/dancer-training/associate-programme/junior-associate-insight-days/ but there is a mailing list you can subscribe to for future events.  :)