Pointe worries- me not DD!

hoglett

DD is dancing for the first time in a show on pointe. Obviously that entails a lot more time on pointe (rehearsing etc ) than she is used to. I'm happy that her shoes were fitted very well. Is there anything else she should do to preserve her feet? Toe tape,pouches etc... Thanks

Lots of posters will give better advice than me on here I'm sure. Just one thing that always gets missed, specifically when rehearsing most days for a show is the 'after pointe' treatment. Be sure to take off those shoes and rest those feet, walk around barefoot and spread those tootsies out, soak in a tepid/cool footbath and massage all over. It tends to get forgotten but if done every day can stop the build up of little aches and pains and niggles.

• Like 2

Hi Hoglett, well done to your DD!

She's obviously proficient on pointe to be doing it in her school show and if she is happy with her shoes, I would suggest changing nothing with regards to padding as that will change the fit of the shoe.

However she could put surgical spirit on her feet each day to toughen up her skin and I would only advise additional protection of micropore tape on individual toes or Gaynor minden toe tape on particular toes showing areas of pressure.

:)

Sx

• Like 2

....and as well as the above foot care advice, don't forget to dry pointe shoes out each evening by popping scrunched up kitchen roll or similar into the boxes of the shoes. Leaving the shoes out of the dance bag to air overnight is a good idea too.

• Like 5