Isaac Hernandez to join English National Ballet as lead principal

Press Release from ENB:

English National Ballet welcomes Isaac Hernández as Lead Principal

Principal dancer with Dutch National Ballet, Isaac Hernández is to join English National Ballet in April 2015 as Lead Principal, following his guest appearance with the Company in Swan Lake in January. 

Of joining English National Ballet, Isaac Hernández says; When I came to guest with English National Ballet in January I was instantly amazed by the attention to detail and dedication of the dancers and staff. When I saw Tamara perform in Swan Lake I realised that I wanted to be part of the exciting moment that the Company is currently in.

Being part of one of Europe’s greatest companies is a dream come true and I am thankful for the opportunity to experience and work with the people I admire, and who inspire me.”

Tamara Rojo, Artistic Director of English National Ballet said“Isaac is an incredibly talented dancer, having seen him perform with Dutch National Ballet I invited him to guest with us in Swan Lake and I was blown away by his performance as Prince Siegfried  at the London Coliseum in January. It gives me great pleasure to welcome Isaac to English National Ballet.”

Isaac joined Dutch National Ballet in 2012 and was promoted to Principal in 2013. Previously he was in San Francisco Ballet and American Ballet Theater. He won gold at the USA International Ballet Competition in 2006, bronze and a special commendation at the International Ballet Competition in Moscow in 2005, and First Place at the International Ballet Competition in Cuba in 2004.