RAD Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies

Nutcracker-x

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give an insight to this course and answer a few questions that I currently have?

1. How does the course work?

2. What is the minimum age and grade needed to apply?

3. If you want to be able to teach the higher vocational grades do you need to have passed that exam yourself before the course? E.g if you wanted to teach the advanced 1 syllabus do you have to have passed it yourself?

Thanks

Hi, it's a distance learning course over two years. I don't think there's a minimum age. You need RAD intermediate (or equivalent) as a minimum to apply but you can apply by concessionary entry if you don't have this (by DVD).  If you pass the course I think you can teach any grade, even if you don't have it yourself.

Keep us updated Nutcracker-x - I don't have anything to add but will follow with interest as I would love to do the CBTS and get into ballet teaching. May I add a question: does anyone have any ideas on funding? I just have no idea how I could afford it, being on just above minimum wage, all the bills to pay and a wedding to pay for! And I already have a degree so can't get student funding. After Easter I am starting a baby ballet class for my teacher but you can't really get much further without a qualification!

Sorry not to be helpful but I'm sure some others will know more :)