foot uncontrollably shaking after pointe?

DropOfSun

after i had a pointe class today my left  foot started being really weird. it would shake uncontrollably for like 10 seconds and them stop, and then start again about a minute later. this only started after i sat down after class (so not while i was actually dancing) and continued for like 10 minutes after the class ended even if i was standing on the foot. does anybody have any ideas why this happened or what i can do to prevent it from happening again? if it ever happened while i was actually dancing i'm sure i would fall and get injured and i dont want that! Thank you

It's fairly common after doing some kind of exercise and its to do with muscle fatigue and recovery - my thigh used to do it after some classes leaving my whole leg shaking! It rarely happens while you're exercising and only starts once you've sat down.

This article on livestrong.com explains it well.

(I am not affiliated to livestrong.com in any way)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/367251-muscle-spasms-after-a-workout/#page=1

I definitely recommend that you consult a medical professional for an evaluation.   If nothing else - that will put your mind at ease.  If it is something that needs medical intervention you will have caught it early.

Do not ignore it.

The only thing I can relate it to is when I badly broke my ankle. After the break had healed I developed CRPS- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. My right foot would shake and tremble uncontrollably. It also used to swell up slightly. I was told my brain was sending messages to my foot telling it that it was still broken,even though it wasn`t. In all I ended up having 30 hospital appointments including physiotherapy.What happened was I was thrown out of the back seat of a taxi by a dangling aerial wire 3 weeks before Christmas. The owner of the taxi company claimed I must have "Thrown myself out of the car deliberately" [as you do;breaking and dislocating your ankle deliberately, silly cow]. Anyway,I was awarded 15 thousand pounds in compensation,and the taxi company closed down. That was in December 2007. I used to have beautiful dancer`s high insteps,and now I only have a lovely instep on my left foot. On my right foot,which had the broken ankle,I never was able to properly point my foot all the way again afterwards,and trying to point it is impossible .It is kind of frozen into a half-attempt at a point. So sad. Still I got 15 K off the woman. Not that there`s any of it left now.!!!