Central School of Ballet Summer School

Sassy girl

Has anyone had experience of Central summer school. I was wondering what time roughly the days start and finish as we are thinking about commuting into London each day rather than paying out for accommodation. Also any information of the course content and whether or not anyone else attending this year?

There are two versions of the Central Summer school as far as I know; the shorter one and a new Advanced one which is about 9 days long and intended for people who plan to apply for the Senior school. So the course content will differ between the two.

The timings for their recent spring course were 10.30am to 4.30pm.

Excellent! No pointework this time round but watching the ballet class I was so impressed with the teacher and the work she was doing with the girls; a really great mix of technique and performance. I always think it's good value for money too.

Hi its 10.00 - 17.00 Monday to Friday and half day on Saturday (first week). No show of work on the second week. Full course is 13 - 24 August.

Info satates that Classical Ballet will form the core element of the course with additional classes including Pointe work, Allegro, Pilates, Repetoire, Choreography, Contemporary and Jazz.

Sounds good!

Meadowblythe