Hands up all those who like Collabro!

Dance*is*life

Probably not as old as me, my dear!  I know nothing about pop groups and singers - my favourites are still Doris Day and Jack Jones!    I only discovered Collabro by chance because I was checking out youtube - you can tell that I haven't gone back to teaching yet and am bored!   Anyway, Collabro won this year's Britains Got Talent.  They are a 5 guy singing group who, unlike most pop boy bands, actually sing musical theatre ballads.  They sang Stars and Bring him Home from Les Miz in the competition and received a standing ovation from judges and audience at every stage.  Simon Callow signed them to a recording contract and their first album was released about a week ago and is already at number 1!   They are really talented - all five have great voices and are really nice looking, charming and well spoken.  Check them out on youtube.

Edited by Dance*is*life
  • Like 2

Thanks will do!!

I don't watch Britains Got Talent or the X factor anymore .....well haven't for a couple of years now so get behind .....in that way.

But tonight we will be going to Lewes to the Lamb pub where they have really good bands for free!! The brave ......usually wild lewesians ......get up to dance so great atmosphere especially as last week they had a good Latin American band on. I think its Rock and Blues tonight!! :)

Sounds great fun!  Love places with live music!  Especially when they're free!  My sons have never forgotten the evening we went to eat in a chinese restaurant next to our hotel when we were on holiday in Rome.  They surprised us by having a karaoke session and I was pushed into singing - hadn't sung in public since..... well I forget.  Anyway,   I chose Raindrops keep falling on my head - only song with a small enough range that I could sing - and I think they were actually quite proud of me. :D

• Like 1

Well have seen Collabro now and they are not bad!! At least everyone of them can sing :)

We're off to the Lamb again in Lewes tomorrow. It's a Cuban group Sonpikkante this week ......now how can I get my partner up to dance.......

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...