Open day at Vocational schools

Happymum

I tried to find some information on the forum and on the RBS website but couldn't find anything. My DD will be hopefully auditioning next year at all 4 schools for a Y7 place. Do all 4 schools have an open day? Can she go in Y5 or is it for Y6 children only? Will the schools always advertise it on their websites or is there other way to find out about it? And when the open days normally take place? I think it would be great to see the schools before auditions if it's possible.

Guest Autumn days

RBS don't have open days unless you are a JA, in which case you will get an invitation during the autumn term in yr 6. It is always possible to go to the summer fair but i'm not sure how much you get to see. Elmhurst don't have open days, either, but Tring and Hammond do and I believe you can go to those in any year!

Hammonds open day has already passed but they sometimes do an open evening in May

However if your dd is currently in Year 5, they do a Year 5 Taster Day sometime in June. It's not very well advertised so it might be an idea to phone the school & ask to be put on a mailing list ( we were sent details because dd had done the summer school).

Hi Happymum. Elmhurst don't hold open days but aim to treat the audition days in a similar way. You have a chance to see round the school and ask questions, although you don't go into the boarding houses until finals. The children get a better look around during finals, as do you. Hope that is of some help.

• Like 1