Cedar Lake Tour - Autumn 2013 (Dance Consortium)

Cedar Lake is doing a short UK tour in the Autumn with a programme comprising:

Necessity, again

Choreography: Jo StrømgrenLighting Designer: Jim French/Jo StrømgrenCostume Designer: Junghyun Georgia LeeMusic: Charles Aznavour, with text by Jacques Derrida; additional music by Bergmand Slaslien.Running time: 28 MinsFurther Info: “The necessity to formulate everything in words, even the theme of necessity itself, is possibly a disease of our time. This piece is homage to the free space between the words – to the moments when we just want to be emotional and not rational. It’s a dance piece, for everything it’s worth,” asserts the choreographer.

111-128x100.jpg

Ten Duets On A Theme Of Rescue

Choreography: Crystal PiteLighting Designer: Jim FrenchCostume Designer: Junghyun Georgia LeeMusic: Cliff Martinez – Selections from the original motion picture soundtrack “Solaris”Running time: 18 MinsFurther Info: “I love the word ‘rescue.’ It captures a whole story in a single word. Similarly, the body can convey narrative through the simplest of actions. For me, this work for Cedar Lake was an act of excavation. After creating the choreography, I searched within it for images that specifically evoked rescue. There are many of them. They exist inside the dancing like fragments of an untold narrative. I suppose the presence of rescue in this work is twofold, as I tried to liberate and expose these images for brief contemplation before releasing them back into the dance: saving and holding one picture of rescue in each of the ten duets.” – Crystal Pite

61-128x100.jpg

Indigo Rose

Choreography: Jiří KyliánLighting Designer: Michael Simon/Kees TjebbesCostume Designer: Joke VisserRunning time: 18 MinsFurther Info: World Premiere: November 11, 1998, Nederlands Dans Theater (NDTII), Lucent Danstheater, The Hague, The Netherlands.

The tour dates are:

Fri 27 Sep 2013
7.30pm Sadler’s Wells London   Sat 28 Sep 2013
7.30pm Sadler’s Wells London   Tue 8 Oct 2013
7.30pm Wales Millennium Centre Cardiff   Wed 9 Oct 2013
7.30pm Wales Millennium Centre Cardiff Fri 11 Oct 2013
7.30pm Festival Theatre Edinburgh   Sat 12 Oct 2013
7.30pm Festival Theatre Edinburgh   Tue 15 Oct 2013
7.30pm Alhambra Theatre Bradford   Wed 16 Oct 2013
7.30pm Alhambra Theatre Bradford   Fri 18 Oct 2013
7.30pm Curve Theatre Leicester   Sat 19 Oct 2013
7.30pm Curve Theatre Leicester