So Stressed!

Dea

Phew! Well what a start to my DD audition at Elmhurst today, we left in plenty of time, got very lost and ended up arriving just 2 minutes before the end of booking in!

DD was a lot calmer than me I have to say! We have been sat with other mums and been told there could just be one place from all of today's auditions which has surprised as I guess somewhat foolishly I thought there would be a whole new class to audition for, so I am feeling somewhat stressed and deflated!!

Oh dear - was that for the school or the associate programme? Seems odd that there is only one place available - did that come from Elmhurst staff or is it just 'ballet mum talk'?! 

I hope your DD enjoyed the class anyway :-)

• Like 2

Ah that's what you were all doing there! :)

Sorry you got lost. I did the same thing taking my older DD to her school audition there. It's easy to go right past it!

What year are you hoping for? If 5 or 6 there will only be places where someone has been assessed out. Good luck.

@drdance, just associate classes, it was Ballet mums talk, but seems to be well known. I had just assumed a class would move up and a new class would begin, foolish now it seems! You never know though, DD had her first audition just two months ago and gained the only junior performance scholarship so I guess somewhere there's potential! We have two more auditions coming up, so it's all good practice!

• Like 2

Hi Dea

I wouldn't worry about numbers of places available as when my daughter was a PVP the class sizes varied quite a bit in different years and new children joined in both years 5 and 6. I am pretty sure that children don't (well they didn't!!) have to be assessed out for spaces to become available. Glad your dd enjoyed the day - hope the letter, when it arrives, brings good news!!

i think i would be wary of putting too much emphasis on the balletmum talk :)

some mums are really helpful but there are still quite a few out there who like to psych the 'newbies' ... or just talk rubbish lol

one place seems a little unlikely for an associate program to me :)

fingers crossed

When my dd auditioned for RBS ja's for year 6, 22 girls lined up and only 2 were offered places. Dd was luckily one of the 2. If I had known the odds I don't know whether we would have gone through the stress of it all. I have a strong belief in fate ! What will be will be ! And if it doesn't then there is another plan for you !

• Like 1

Indeed, at the moment she is enjoying the ride!! It would be great for her to have something to look forward to after the Regional Youth Ballet performance is over in two weeks though!