Postgraduate options

Hi,

I live in the north of England. I'm 26 years old and am currently studying for a degree with the Open University. I have one more year to go and am starting to think about my options for afterwards! I used to dance as a kid and have recently got back into it (quite intensively!). I always wanted to go to dance college when I was younger but wasn't able to, and now that's something I'd like to pursue if there's an option to. Are there any one year intensive courses for postgraduates? I found a CertHE at the Northern School of Contemporary Dance which looked good but as I'm already funding my studies with a student loan, I'm not sure how I'd fund it. I'm looking for a course that covers lots of different styles. Any advice welcome!

32 minutes ago, elliej1497 said:

Hi,

I live in the north of England. I'm 26 years old and am currently studying for a degree with the Open University. I have one more year to go and am starting to think about my options for afterwards! I used to dance as a kid and have recently got back into it (quite intensively!). I always wanted to go to dance college when I was younger but wasn't able to, and now that's something I'd like to pursue if there's an option to. Are there any one year intensive courses for postgraduates? I found a CertHE at the Northern School of Contemporary Dance which looked good but as I'm already funding my studies with a student loan, I'm not sure how I'd fund it. I'm looking for a course that covers lots of different styles. Any advice welcome!

You could try for an MA? Don’t be put off by the eligibility requirements on the websites, contact them directly and plead your case!

You can get a student loan for it. There seems to be quite a few dance MAs that are a year long. 

https://www.postgraduatesearch.com/pgs/search?course=dance

It might be worth looking at Northern Ballet School in Manchester. They certainly used to be very flexible about entry age on their course. When my dd started at age 16 the other first years ranged up to 26years old. Funding may be a problem as it looks as if DADA (Dance and Drama Awards) have a cut off age of 23, but it could be worth looking in to.