RBS SA Associates London Waitlist

I've seen posts on MAs and AAs so I thought I'd also ask about SAs as my DD was put on the "short waitlist" for that in London. I wonder if everyone who wasn't offered a place was put on this list? And if there are ever movement on the SAs? I imagine not much if at all since unlike the MAs most students on the program aren't at vocational or auditioning for vocational? We only know of 1 person that was offered a place on SAs everyone else was waitlisted. 

It might feel that way as I assume most (if not all) London MA2s who are in Year 9 are offered SA1. All the MA2s I’ve seen post on social media have been offered SA. I’ve not seen any who didn’t get offered a place. I think I’ve only seen one non-MA get offered SA but I’m not sure if it’s for SA1 or SA2.  I think also that current WL year 9s who aren’t continuing at WL are most likely offered SA. Some MAs from other centres also opt to attend London SA. I think London associates are normally around 18 students in a class on average so there aren’t that many places at all in SA1 I think after current MA2s and WLs take the places. It depends if your DD is SWL for SA1 or SA2. And how many will go full time come September. I’ve only seen one this year who was offered RBS full time so that girl might not take up her SA place. However, I’ve definitely seen movement in SA waitlist over the last few years. It just depends on the year. Some choose not to take their place as compared to other associates schemes it is only around 2 hrs and 15 mins every week so if you travel from far you have to be weigh options carefully especially if other schemes offer more classes and longer hours per week. On the other hand, the RBS brand is very hard to turn down. 

Edited by Neverdancedjustamum

34 minutes ago, Mumtolulu said:

My DD has been offered an SA place but we turned it down as she attends another associates programme that she loves. 

@Mumtolulu was it for London SA2? wonder how they determine who gets offered off the waitlist as they said there's no set number on the list they 'reevaluate it' each time a place is available. Do you mind sharing which associates program your DD loves? Always good to hear about good programs! 

Last year there were 6 new London SA1 students. A couple were MAs from other centres and 1 left after a couple of classes but wasn’t replaced.  

in July time there was an offer from the waitlist that wasn’t taken up. So quite a few new places. 

2 minutes ago, BattementBatty said:

Last year there were 6 new London SA1 students. A couple were MAs from other centres and 1 left after a couple of classes but wasn’t replaced.  

in July time there was an offer from the waitlist that wasn’t taken up. So quite a few new places. 

Do you know how many are in the SA1 class?

20 hours ago, BisforBallet said:

Do you know how many are in the SA1 class?

I thought there were 17 or 18 but I can only remember 16 names!  There could be someone I’ve missed or there may have been 17 before the girl left last September. 

20 hours ago, ThatDancingGirl said:

Interesting, my DD is on wait list for SA2 in London so that seems full and possibly only movement for SA1. 

I think that will be tough. I’ve not heard f anyone wanting to leave and I know a girl who has been offered a place.