RCS junior level summer school

DancingA

My daughter has been given a place for the junior modern ballet course at RCS in the summer holidays. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience of this course and if it’s worth it for an 8 year old to attend? Thanks 

21 minutes ago, DancingA said:

My daughter has been given a place for the junior modern ballet course at RCS in the summer holidays. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience of this course and if it’s worth it for an 8 year old to attend? Thanks 

My Dd did this a few times when she was younger and loved it. It’s a very friendly course and she got loads out of it. The contemporary was fabulous and they had guest artists from the West End to teach jazz. This was some time ago, so things may have changed. Hopefully not. My Dd did  lots of big name, famous Summer Schools but this one remains one her favourites.

My DD also did this course and really enjoyed it. I remember it was non selective at the time so there were students with varying levels of experience.  Content similar to what RubyFoo describes and was a mixture of staff who teach the Juniors students and some from the BA modern ballet course as well as fantastic guest teachers - some from Scottish Ballet! The studios are lovely and centrally located in Glasgow so you can walk to the train and bus station easily. 

13 hours ago, Ruby Foo said:

My Dd did this a few times when she was younger and loved it. It’s a very friendly course and she got loads out of it. The contemporary was fabulous and they had guest artists from the West End to teach jazz. This was some time ago, so things may have changed. Hopefully not. My Dd did  lots of big name, famous Summer Schools but this one remains one her favourites.

Thanks so much for replying, that’s really good to know! Specially the fact the this remains one of her favourites, that says a lot. 

12 hours ago, Ed_DanceMum said:

My DD also did this course and really enjoyed it. I remember it was non selective at the time so there were students with varying levels of experience.  Content similar to what RubyFoo describes and was a mixture of staff who teach the Juniors students and some from the BA modern ballet course as well as fantastic guest teachers - some from Scottish Ballet! The studios are lovely and centrally located in Glasgow so you can walk to the train and bus station easily. 

Thanks for replying, it’s really helpful to know that it’s been a good course in the past. There was an application for this course but only a couple of photos were needed and two questions to answer, and a certain level of ballet being something they also wanted. My daughter is attending the spring course for 2 days there wasn’t an application needed for that one. 

• Like 1