TodayTix selling ROH Productions beware ticket price inflation

16 minutes ago, alison said:

What, for ENB? That's not what they told me when I asked at the box office.

Just do it on the website- it worked for me. One of my friends was a bit appalled that she now qualifies for over 60, although she cheered up considerably when I told her she gets an extra fiver to spend/keep. Yes, this is for ENB Giselle (and Nutcracker last month). Students also get the £5 off discount. When you get to the basket click on the drop down box saying "full price" and it will give you child, student, 60+ etc prices. 

Wonder why the box office person got it wrong? But the website isn't wrong- and the e-ticket proves it too.

Edited by Emeralds

Sorry, are we talking at cross-purposes?  I can see the £5 discount marked on the website - I was talking about the half-price tickets, which I thought were for ENO only.

Oh, sorry, we might indeed be! I was trying to reassure members they could get discounts if over 60 from ENB. Because Young ROH was being mentioned I was trying to say that the £35 reduced to £30 is similar to YROH £30 tickets at ROH (other than having to pay a booking fee). The fact that it's not £95 or £50 reduced to £30 should be immaterial as long as you can see well enough (I sometimes find that a more expensive seat is worse for me- eg stalls behind several very tall people!) I didn't mention half price- I think that might have been someone else? 

On 15/01/2024 at 00:51, alison said:

I believe those are the half-price standbys.  They apply to ENO, but not to ENB, where you only get a £5 discount, as I understand it.

OTOH, one can always try asking at the box office before the performance.  I believe I saw a reasonably young-ish person getting one yesterday.