Anyone have experience of ISTD Complaints or Results Appeals

DancerFifi

Hi 

My daughter recently did her Intermediate Tap Exam and the examiner didn’t conduct the exam according to the syllabus, or in the way the candidates had practised which completely threw my daughter and the examiner made some inappropriate negative comments! I have made a complaint which they are making it very to proceed with. My daughter got a very disappointing mark when the results came out. Has anyone had an experience of appealing their result? Has anyone had an experience where the examiner didn’t conduct the exam fairly? Has anyone had an experience of making a complaint to the ISTD? I would welcome some insight/ advice please 

Years ago (10+) the dance school I was at had an issue with an ISTD examiner (not with exam content but with their behaviour). This was when I was a student (and thankfully I wasn't taking an exam with that cohort) so I'm not aware of exactly what my dance school did, but the school made a complaint rather than anyone individually. I know that they collected information from the students who had the terrible exam experiences and complained to the ISTD. I believe that there was some sort of apology conveyed, and a high up examiner came and did some master classes for the school. I don't believe that the exams were remarked or repeated, but whether that was an option or not I don't know - everyone passed but didn't do nearly as well as normal. This was for a graded exam rather than a vocational exam so progression to the next grade wasn't impacted.

I would speak to your teacher.  The ISTD have a few ways you can run an intermediate tap exam so it may be that it ran a different way to what your daughter expected but a way that is ok. 
however any negative comments are not ok and I would definitely ask your teacher to look into it.

feel free to dm if I can help further