RBS insight day

Dancemum23

Hi all

I’ve only recently found this forum and been reading old threads about RBS associates insight days and have a few questions… 

I have booked my 10 year old dd into the RBS insight day in London in September but am now worried it’s a bad idea! She will be one of the youngest in the group (just starting Year 6 when it goes up to Year 8) and hasn’t done much ballet this summer. I had thought the class would just give her (and me!) an insight into being an Associate, but I don’t want it to affect her confidence if everyone there is older/more experienced than her.  

Has anyone’s child done the insight day for the experience and not applied for the associates? Will it be an enjoyable experience in itself? Any thoughts appreciated! 

Thank you. 

Hiya

We did the Insight day when dd was in yr3, july baby so would have just turned 7 when we did it in the October! And our words to dd were just enjoy the day, if nothing comes if it it will have been a nice day out! And that’s what we’ve said at every stage of our journey. It was a lovely class, nothing in it she couldn’t do, and yes we had a lovely day out. 
Going into yr6, then I’m thinking it’s an insight day for Mid Associates, maybe slightly more advanced but I’m sure there won’t be anything your dd won’t have done before. Just go and let your dd have fun in an amazing studio, and, if nothing comes of it, it was a nice experience to look back on. Our JA days were our happiest days in our journey that we look back on fondly.

Enjoy 🥰

7 hours ago, Dancemum23 said:

Hi all

I’ve only recently found this forum and been reading old threads about RBS associates insight days and have a few questions… 

I have booked my 10 year old dd into the RBS insight day in London in September but am now worried it’s a bad idea! She will be one of the youngest in the group (just starting Year 6 when it goes up to Year 😎 and hasn’t done much ballet this summer. I had thought the class would just give her (and me!) an insight into being an Associate, but I don’t want it to affect her confidence if everyone there is older/more experienced than her.  

Has anyone’s child done the insight day for the experience and not applied for the associates? Will it be an enjoyable experience in itself? Any thoughts appreciated! 

Thank you. 

There will always be dancers at different levels but RBS if anything is about getting the foundations correct so wouldn't be anything too complicated. It will be a lovely experience for her. And if you decide to apply, wishing you the best of luck. 

• 3 weeks later...