Lift needed from YBSS/Harrogate 22nd July

margarite

My DD was meant to be getting the train home from YBSS on 22nd July - but now a train strike has been announced for that day. If anyone is picking up from YBSS that day and travelling south, with room for an extra body, please DM me if you can help. I will of course contribute to petrol costs. Many thanks 

Edited by margarite

I hope you get sorted with a lift…. I often think we dance folk could more often offer lifts or even car share (so all still get to viewings etc) to get petrol costs down….We got off the YBSS ‘train’ a couple of years ago now otherwise I would’ve definitely offered to help out! 
I once did a share lift to Leeds with another travelling from SE & me from SW. We picked a nice market town on edge of North section of M25 close to M1 junction & left their car on a nice safe non permit residential street then had a meal & carried on up North in my car…Very sociable & I was pleased to get money towards the petrol costs for the northern leg of the trip! 
We could start a BalletCarPool on here as I’m sure so many times journeys are being replicated - not great for our pockets or the environment! 

Edited by Peanut68
Typo
  • Like 2

Hi - sorry can't help with a lift either but just to say, in case it helps, that we have had various issues with train strikes falling on drop off/pick up days (including YBSS at Easter if I remember rightly) and generally a few trains do still run, there are just not as many as normal. Nearer the time they will likely announce a reduced timetable but she may still be able to get a train. At the moment sales are suspended until they finalise what is running. 

The LNER website says that more info will be out tomorrow including details of their reduced timetable. We are also affected (although travelling the other way for Week 3 of YBSS) but I'm hopeful we'll still be able to get a train, albeit it may be very busy. 

• Thanks 1