Linbury Theatre: UniVerse-A Dark Crystal Odyssey, Wayne McGregor Company (13 May- 4 Jun 2023)

If anyone was/is able to make it to this, would be very interested to read your thoughts and feedback! And of course, any curtain call pictures, which look like they’ll be very colourful. Unfortunately, due to important deadlines, I cannot make it to any of the dates (two weeks too early for me!) Two names I recognised on the cast list are Rebecca Basset-Graham and Salvatore Di Simone, who made a brilliant impression in the Dance for Ukraine gala.  

Edited by Emeralds
Because the tech misbehaved!
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, PeterS said:

Least said soonest mended

Oh dear! Sorry to hear that PeterS. I feel like I want to ask why, but equally feel like I shouldn’t in case you want to forget it as soon as possible! Did you go on the first night? Heard there were lots of technical problems on the first night which led to delays and affected the whole show adversely. (PS you don’t have to answer if you’d rather forget it though!)

I was actually thinking of going on Bank Holiday Monday as I suddenly got that one day off but turns out they danced on Sunday instead and had Monday off. 

I rather enjoyed it, I can't deny. The projections were spectacular, to the point of overshadowing the dancing at times (the huge Siamese Fighting Fish looked like it was actually in a body of water with sunlight streaking through, as if the whole stage was under water; and the forest fire section exploding from a beach-ball size object was mind-blowing). Dancing was obviously very McGregor - but he did seem to have discovered a bit of synchronicity for his dancers, which was a joy to behold.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, zxDaveM said:

I rather enjoyed it, I can't deny. The projections were spectacular, to the point of overshadowing the dancing at times (the huge Siamese Fighting Fish looked like it was actually in a body of water with sunlight streaking through, as if the whole stage was under water; and the forest fire section exploding from a beach-ball size object was mind-blowing). Dancing was obviously very McGregor - but he did seem to have discovered a bit of synchronicity for his dancers, which was a joy to behold.

Thank you for your report, @zxDaveM! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I do like a bit of synchronicity too 👍. I’d like to have seen the underwater effect and the forest fire staging!