Returning to Ballet as an adult - Manchester/Cheshire

Clouise

I am wanting to return to Ballet - I am 33, but struggling to find adult classes in Manchester that aren't just sort of 'ballet fitness' classes.

I passed grade 4 when I was younger, so it has been a long time, but I would love to train properly again & take exams. How have others managed to do this as an adult? Also does anyone happen to know any good classes around Manchester/Cheshire end? (Not city centre as that will be way too difficult to get to after work).

Any advice appreciated as I am feeling rather lost with it all!

Thank you

Edited by Clouise

KNT Danceworks! I'm pretty sure they have multiple levels of adult classes. I have friends living there who attend their classes regularly and love them. I attended one or two back when I was an undergraduate and the teachers were very good.

Edit - sorry, I missed that you said not the city centre. I'm not entirely sure where they're based because they aren't at the Dancehouse anymore, but I think it's still pretty central.

Edited by academicdancer
Missed something

3 hours ago, academicdancer said:

KNT Danceworks! I'm pretty sure they have multiple levels of adult classes. 

It does look like they hold some great classes for adults but it would be a very long drive from work into central Manchester sadly! It would be great if there were weekend adult classes.

Edited by Clouise

On 12/03/2023 at 07:18, Clouise said:

I am wanting to return to Ballet - I am 33, but struggling to find adult classes in Manchester that aren't just sort of 'ballet fitness' classes.

I passed grade 4 when I was younger, so it has been a long time, but I would love to train properly again & take exams. How have others managed to do this as an adult? Also does anyone happen to know any good classes around Manchester/Cheshire end? (Not city centre as that will be way too difficult to get to after work).

Any advice appreciated as I am feeling rather lost with it all!

Thank you

Hi. Such a wonderful idea. I don’t know of any personally but you may like to try to email Northern Ballet School in Manchester. Whilst they don’t offer adult lessons directly I’m sure they would at least be able to point you in the right direction.  
enquiries@northernballetschool.co.Uk.  🩰