Accommodation for 16 year olds away from home

meadowblythe

Depending where you are looking a lot of london dance students use Hyelm in Hammersmith. There is also Chester House a Methodist Student Hostel. I know a number of people who have booked Hyelm and then dropped it when decisions are made as it is a good place to stay but I understand gets filled up early.

Heather

aka Balletmom

Depending where you are looking a lot of london dance students use Hyelm in Hammersmith.

The Hyelm hostel I know of used by lots of Central, Urdang and LSC students (before they relocated) amongst others is in Hampstead not Hammersmith unless there are two with the same name?

A friends DD who went to Urdang started off at Hyelm but moved into a shared house after the first term. There wasn't a lot of space in the room at Hyelm. There were issues sharing and she moved into another flat for the 2nd and 3rd years. Sharing has different problems but they have more space to spread out/relax in.

Thank you - for complicated reasons actually looking more south London or Glasgow (yes, I know they aren't near each other ..)

And to further depress us lucky year 11 parents how much does all this realistically cost, especially if they move out of hostels?

And our DCs think they have the hard part they only have to dance, oh, and pass their GCSEs . :huh:

Is it too late to change careers now ?

Meadowblythe

• Like 1

Is it a place in Glasgow if you attend the Royal Conservatoire? if it is the main student accommodation is Liberty Living which has a website you can look around . It has single rooms with en suite and a shared kitchen between about 8 students and laundry facilities as well. All the courses from the Conservatoire can stay there and you can stay there throughout your course. They will give you a tour round it if you give them a phone. Some students also rent flats together in Glasgow as well . Hope this is of some help xxx