Ballet/Dance schools in Scotland

Balleteveryday

Hi All, 

Can anyone recommend local dance/ballet schools in and around St. Andrews or Dundee please as we’re potentially moving to the area. We’ll look at Scottish ballet auditions and realise there’s a JA class in Dundee too (which I’m hoping we could switch to) so it’s more mid-week classes at a local dance school I’m looking for recommendations of now.

Thanks!!

10 hours ago, Mummy twinkle toes said:

Edinburgh Festival have good classes for children. Would that be too far?

Thank you! I’ve Googled the location and I think this might be just a bit too much of a stretch outside that planned area but I do appreciate you letting me know about it! All the best 😀

Ps - I could be wrong but I believe RBS Dundee associates is on a Sunday rather than a Saturday. Just mentioning as I know most other centres are a Saturday so depending on where you’re coming from it may be a different day than you’re used to. 

With Scottish Ballet you have the option to go weekly or monthly - most kids from the area you’re looking at would be monthly JA’s. This year it’s the first Sunday of each month. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AllAboutTheJourney said:

Another school in that area would be Yvonne Gray Dance Studios - no direct experience but it’s a well established RAD school who seem to have a few kids doing associates etc. 

That’s excellent and in a good location so thank you for giving me another name to look into. So glad I posted to ask a ms appreciate you taking the time to reply!

6 minutes ago, AllAboutTheJourney said:

Ps - I could be wrong but I believe RBS Dundee associates is on a Sunday rather than a Saturday. Just mentioning as I know most other centres are a Saturday so depending on where you’re coming from it may be a different day than you’re used to. 

With Scottish Ballet you have the option to go weekly or monthly - most kids from the area you’re looking at would be monthly JA’s. This year it’s the first Sunday of each month. 

Great bit of information about RBS, interesting how it potentially clashes with SB but I guess they cover a wider range of kids too in the West that can’t get east weekly.