Zara

My DD has an audition for YDA for mid way entry for year 8! Can anyone advise what to expect for a audition give any advice about auditions for vocational schools as all we know that it will be a class for the audition, this would be the first audition my DD has done for a vocational school place! I think I’m more nervous than she is as I know how much she really wants this! 

Auditions usually take the form of a normal ballet class. They will normally let you know whether it is tights or socks, and if pointe shoes are required at the audition or not. You will be given numbers to pin on, so it is better to have a leotard that isn't too strappy or low-cut at the back. Wear clean shoes, but not brand new ones. And don't put a water bottle in the bag on the way to the audition in case it leaks.

The main thing is don't big it up into an important event - treat it as a one-off class in lovely surroundings, and if there are any new steps, just give it a go with a smile.

Edited by taxi4ballet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, taxi4ballet said:

Auditions usually take the form of a normal ballet class. They will normally let you know whether it is tights or socks, and if pointe shoes are required at the audition or not. You will be given numbers to pin on, so it is better to have a leotard that isn't too strappy or low-cut at the back. Wear clean shoes, but not brand new ones. And don't put a water bottle in the bag on the way to the audition in case it leaks.

The main thing is don't big it up into an important event - treat it as a one-off class in lovely surroundings, and if there are any new steps, just give it a go with a smile.

Thank you 😊

I think I’m more nervous than my daughter! 

• Like 1