History of dance in the West: from prehistory to today

Nouvelle Histoire de la danse en Occident: De la Préhistoire à nos jours (New history of dance in the West: from prehistory to today) edited by Laura Cappelle is now available as an ebook (in French only).

Contributors include Geraldine Morris, Erik Aschengreen, Adeline Chevrier-Bosseau, Elizabeth Claire, Laure Guilbert, Alastair Macaulay, Sarah Woodcock and Tim Scholl.

If you read French, it's a good overview with some interesting points.

(Mods: if this is in the wrong section, please move)

• Thanks 2

Thanks, Sophoife.  Considering how many of those are presumably native English speakers - and I suspect not good enough French speakers to write in French - I wonder who translated those contributions, and whether there's any chance of an English language version in due course? 

@alisonAt the end of each contribution translated is a credit to the translator: Laura Cappelle, the editor, who is fluent in English as can be seen from her writing for the Financial Times and The New York Times, translated the English ones, and Marianne Lagueunière the one from German.

Upon enquiry, hopes exist for an English version but I personally wouldn't be holding my breath.