Ballet Central Tour 2022

I've just seen that Ballet Central start their annual tour in a couple of weeks. I saw them a few years ago and really enjoyed it, so would encourage people to give it a try if they're in your area.

https://www.balletcentral.co.uk/book-tickets/

"This year the tour will present three original pieces created on Central’s dancers from Central’s Artist-in-Residence, Mikaela Polley, renowned dance industry influencer, Ashley Page, and Ballet Black’s Mthuthuzeli November.  Alongside these original creations Cathy Marston’s piece Moving, Still is being restaged especially for the Ballet Central tour."

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I watched this last night, and like many audience members was left unsure at the end if it had finished. I even checked with an usher before leaving! I had previously really enjoyed a Ballet Central performance, so was looking forward to it, but was disappointed with the lack of classical ballet. I suppose I should have expected it from the list of choreographers that was given… The students performed what they were given well, but it wasn’t as varied as I had seen in the past with Ballet Central. As an evening of modern ballet and contemporary dance it was great, just missing the pure classical piece that was previously my favourite.

Edited by SissonneDoublee
  • Like 3