New Adventures performance Farnham

We are thrilled to announce our first event and live performances since lockdown at Farnham Maltings on Saturday 12 September. This outdoor event marks a huge milestone for New Adventures, as it will be the first time we have performed since lockdown began and when our UK tour of The Red Shoes was abruptly brought to an end. This day aims to be a celebration of New Adventures’ love of storytelling, participation and bringing people together through the joys of dance!
“Finally the time has come where we can all get together and enjoy a day of dance and celebrate the magic of The Red Shoes. It feels like a world away when we last got together with our wonderful dancers, so I cannot express how excited I am to see them again and have them perform for you at our South East home base, during a time when this couldn’t be more needed. I’m also looking forward to sharing the exclusive preview of The Red Shoes, I hope you will adore it as much as I do”.
Matthew Bourne
It will be an interactive, family-friendly, action-packed day of workshops, followed by a series of duets from The Red Shoes and a Q&A with Matthew Bourne before an exclusive preview screening of The Red Shoes film ahead of its nationwide cinematic release on 30 September.

Start the day by taking part in our New Adventures Treasure Hunt in a playful workshop perfect for children and families, led by New Adventures Resident Artist, Paul Smethurst. Then delve into the world of The Red Shoes by joining one of our Open Workshops led by your favourite New Adventures dancers, Danny Reubens and Ben Brown, our Resident Artist, Paul Smethurst and Associate Artistic Director, Etta Murfitt.

Later in the afternoon, some of our fantastic New Adventures dancers will perform curated Duets from The Red Shoes. There will be performances from Cordeila Braithwaite, Reece Causton, Glenn Graham, Kate Lyons and Danny Reubens

Please note that places in workshops and tickets are limited due to social distancing guidelines so book now if you’re keen to get physical in a workshop, see a live performance, or be one of the first to see The Red Shoes on screen.
See the schedule and book now

We are delighted to announce our latest digital endeavour, Adventures In Film. This exciting new project is a unique opportunity for three carefully selected and talented female choreographers to work with TEA films to create bold and innovative dance films based on the New Adventures love of Storytelling.

Evolving from the New Adventures Choreographer Award (NACA) originally established by colleagues and friends in celebration of Matthew Bourne’s 50th birthday in 2010, Adventures In Film aims to bring about career developing opportunities for women from a multitude of backgrounds, experiences and collective world views; providing them with a platform to exercise and hone their skills as artists, producers and creative storytellers. Once created, the three films will premiere this Autumn as stand-alone cinematic shorts across the New Adventures channels.
Meet Tasha, Monique and Anjali

Did you know that as one of the UK’s leading dance companies over 90% of us are freelancers? This film only scratches the surface of the fantastic team which brings our shows to life. From creatives, performers, backstage and touring crews to musicians, composers, conductors, marketing and press, we all join together to make up the New Adventures family. We are proud to be part of this industry and will continue to shout from the rooftops that #FreelancersMakeTheatreWork.

Click the link below to watch our short tribute to Freelancers Make Theatre Work.
Freelancers Make Theatre Work

It's great to be back in your inbox and we can't wait to share more exciting projects with you.

Note also the reference to The Red Shoes being shown in cinemas (30th September, IIRC).  I'd just received an email from Picturehouses listing a number of Screen Arts showings, but this was the only dance one.