Tring CBA/ RBS JA auditions in the autumn

MissEmily

Hello everyone,

I have a Year 4 (will be Year 5) pupil auditioning for Tring CBA ON 5th September and RBS JAs...whenever that happens...!

Firstly, can anyone tell me what the children are asked to do in their Tring CBA audition? Is it similar to the JA audition? What are the chances of being offered a Year 5 place?

Secondly, I can’t be the only one concerned about the (microscopic!) possibility of her being offered Tring, accepting (and it seems the results will be quick since term starts the following Sunday!) and then later also being successful at her JA audition, as I understand that JA classes have now mostly been moved to Sundays too? Is this the case for both London and Eastleigh?

Any insight and wisdom would be gratefully received! 

Hi,

My DD auditioned for CBA last December. I know there are fewer pupils auditioning for that intake than in the summer, but I believe that day there were 105. They group the auditions by age but seemed to have a lot of young pupils auditioning in our group and the next one up who probably would all be going for places in group 1 and 2. My DD was offered a place, I believe there were 4 of them who started together in January. This time, however, could be different with all that’s happened over the past few months and also those going to vocational will leave now whereas they wouldn’t have at Christmas. My DD really enjoyed the audition, it definitely involved more ‘dancing’ than the JA audition, eg small combinations taken in groups of 3. I can’t remember any specifics I’m afraid. I hope your student enjoys the experience, the Tring studios are gorgeous and the faculty are so lovely. 

As far as I can work out, the JA classes have not been moved permanently to a Sunday. From the emails we’ve received, It seems that the aim is to get back to the normal days and times as soon as it is possible. We’ve been given alternate dates for the Autumn term (our centre are opposite weekends to the CBA weekends) and they have listed Saturdays from January onwards but said that these dates have not yet been confirmed.  I think it’s issues with venues that have forced the day change over the next few months.

We’re in a similar position with my soon to be year 4 daughter - she’s now accepted a place at London Junior Ballet (on Sundays) starting in September but is also auditioning for JAs when (if) it happens in the Autumn. I do wonder if they may not run year 4 JAs this year due to space etc...

1 hour ago, PurplePirouette said:

Hi,

My DD auditioned for CBA last December. I know there are fewer pupils auditioning for that intake than in the summer, but I believe that day there were 105. They group the auditions by age but seemed to have a lot of young pupils auditioning in our group and the next one up who probably would all be going for places in group 1 and 2. My DD was offered a place, I believe there were 4 of them who started together in January. This time, however, could be different with all that’s happened over the past few months and also those going to vocational will leave now whereas they wouldn’t have at Christmas. My DD really enjoyed the audition, it definitely involved more ‘dancing’ than the JA audition, eg small combinations taken in groups of 3. I can’t remember any specifics I’m afraid. I hope your student enjoys the experience, the Tring studios are gorgeous and the faculty are so lovely. 

Thank you so much PurplePirouette! So they took 4 out of 105?! Crikey... That’s great she enjoyed the audition. My pupil came out of her JA audition last year saying, “I hope I don’t get in so I get to do that again next year!” 😂 Her wish was granted...! 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MissEmily said:

So they took 4 out of 105?! Crikey... That’s great she enjoyed the audition. 

They took 4 into DDs class but will have taken others into the older groups out of the 105, but I don’t know how many. I’d guess it was 4 out of 25ish of that age group but it’s not that easy to work out with cross over of ages and levels etc. I’d guess they perhaps took 15ish from the day?!

My DD was similar, came out of CBA saying “I don’t mind if I don’t get in, I loved it so it was worth coming for the class!”