Stephen Beagley

For anyone who wants to keep updated with the outcome of this trial .... https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-50264895

the reason I’m posting this is because various news articles have now named where he was teaching. 

I’d like this discussion to be allowed to happen so that as parents of dancing children, we consider that DBS and other “safeguarding” measures are usually not worth the paper they are written on, and instead think how we can learn lessons as parents, guardians, chaperones or even as young dancers to alter our behaviour to better safeguard against vulnerability. 

the thing that resonates with me is how readily parents are to hire someone for private coaching based on their C.V. and then not be present. whenever my dd has had private lessons, I’ve either stayed in the room or just outside the door. Is that just me? 

it’s never too late to come forward as a victim and we should have healthy conversations about red flags and how best to protect our dc’s and I’m hoping the moderation team won’t close this thread and allow this conversation to take place! 

• Like 1