Tring Classical Ballet Academy

afab

Does anyone know about Tring Classical Ballet Academy and also their Associate Programme?

Any information on level, classes, teachers would be interesting...

We're trying to see how good it is as 2 of my DD have already been accepted in the Academy and are going to try for the associate programme but we've never seen a class and we don't know if the level is good...

Thank you in advance

It is very good and there are several classes set according to age/standard. They also do stretch/contemporary/pointe as appropriate. Lots of RBS JAs do the classes and enjoy them. Good standard of teaching and all in the lovely studios.

Kiwimum, is it still the case that Tring like the TPAs to do their exams at Tring as opposed to with their local schools? This did cause a bit of a conflict of interest when my DD was there because Tring wanted her to do her ballet and modern exams with them, but our local teacher wanted DD to continue doing her exams there as she had previously.

Might be worth bearing in mind, afab, if you want your DD's to continue their local training as well as joining TPA.

Thank you Spannerandpony, if our DDs dance there, I think they would do their normal training in the Tring Academy and the TPA on top but we're still waiting to hear from RBS MA for one of them who is also auditioning for Tring Main School in March and the other one has been accepted at Tring for their Performing Founation Course but without funding... Plus we're still unsure if it's the best course for her, hence all the questions about their Academy...

• Like 1

Hi all.

There's always some confusion here because of the names of the courses - the Tring Associates is NOT like every other associate programme and their associates do RAD and ISTD syllabus work after school and it's not audition-based (I don't think.. unless thats changed). A pupil of mine a wwhile back used to do it and they had her in an RAD ballet class a grade lower than with me which caused some confusion and they wanted her to do the grade exam there.

Their Classical Ballet Academy (CBA) is like everyone elses associate program - non-syllabus, auditon needed etc

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Hi, from what I understand there are auditions for the associate programme as my youngest DD is supposed to do one... At east I hope she's not the only one who has to audition, that would be strange!

Dancerbabe82 is spot on and the names do cause confusion! For the life of me I can't understand them changing the name to Tring Park Associates when in actual fact the Associate programme is really the Classical Ballet Academy. TPA does offer some non-syllabus classes but in essence it is more like a local school which offers good syllabus-based training, but which uses the Tring Studios.

Apparently children over 8 have to audition for TPA so I'm sure your youngest DD won't be the only one auditioning! :-)

Yes afab, they follow RAD for classical ballet (both grades and vocational) and ISTD for Tap, Modern etc. As Spanner mentioned there are also non-syllabus classes for jazz, singing etc and they are looking to do a contemporary class on Saturdays. All classes are either after school in the week (6.30 onwards as the main school uses the studios up to 6.30) and also all day Saturday.

• 4 months later...