South America - information or contacts please?

Hello,

I’m not sure this is the right place for this post : dear Moderators, please move it if necessary...

We are travelling and have reached South America... I wonder if anyone has any thoughts or tips about Ballet or contemporary dance that we might see?

We are in Santiago at present, but will be leaving before the next performances, it seems. In Buenos Aires we have tickets for a Gala and for Corsaire in the Colon (twice), and in Montevideo for a Bolshoi Giselle in the cinema and for the Sodre’s Sleeping Beauty (twice). As I don’t speak Spanish and only read it at a snail’s pace these bookings have been agonising!

Mexico in May has so far defeated me : Monterrey? Mexico City? Help!

Finally, if anyone reading this lives in any of these cities and would like to meet us for a coffee, we would love to have contact to fellow dance lovers!

Many optimistic thanks!

Simon

• Like 3

I was in Mexico city last autumn and the Palacio de Bellas Artes was at that time advertising performances of Manon.  I didn't catch the name of the company, but it was a local  one. I know it was also due to stage performances by the Ballet Folklorico. (I think they perform there quite regularly).  There were also brochures about the place which advertised live transmissions from (among others) the Royal Ballet and NT live. 

It's a beautiful building, with a very good bookshop. I would recommend calling in just to admire the architecture. But I haven't spotted anything scheduled very far in advance so I think you may need to keep checking nearer the time.