Applying for Princesse Grace

Coffeemum

Does anyone have any experience of applying for this school through the summer school ? On the registration form there are a number of spaces for video links but no visible advice on what they would like, or how many videos are required..

Many thanks! 

My dd applied for the ss last year and we just did a general 15 min video with barre work, a short middle, a few pointe exercises and a small contemporary solo of 2 min at the end!

I hope this helps!

53 minutes ago, Sam said:

My dd applied for the ss last year and we just did a general 15 min video with barre work, a short middle, a few pointe exercises and a small contemporary solo of 2 min at the end!

I hope this helps!

Thank you, Sam. Did she do the course? 

Our DD attended a few years ago. It is a serious summer school: the main purpose is to recruit for the year round school though so they take more of an interest in some than others. DD got unlucky and attended a week with very few English speakers so she felt quite lonely 

Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with a hip stress fracture 3 days before and so could not attend Monaco or Royal Danish Ballet SS last summer, bed rest for 2 months :( She was very disappointed! Her friend went and really enjoyed it, although, she said the same as Flora   about the level of interest.

One 15 min video including centre practise (plié, adage, allegro, pirouettes etc,  a classical variation and a contemporary variation or sequence. You should show pointe work if relevant. No barre work required. 

Don't be afraid of calling the school to ask though! :-)

Edited by invisiblecircus