Associate audition at first class of term - unusual?

dancertaxi

Hi All, I ve searched high and low online and can't find any information about this at all. 

My DD was booked in for junior associate audition however had an injury so couldn't attend. We have been contacted and she has been offered a day where she goes to join the existing associates and takes class with them on their first class of the new term as her audition.... Anyone any experience of this? 

Obviously we really appreciate her being offered this - but I think to be able to join in followed by the very likely 'no' a week later might be very tough.. 

For or those who have experienced associates - is this typical? We can't work out whether just run of the mill - they ll see her or they like her photos and grade information etc. DD auditioned last year and got waiting list but no place came up. 

Thankyou 

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Years ago I was reluctant to allow my ds to reaudition for an associate scheme after he had been on a waiting list. Was scared of the repercussions of the ,in my eyes, the probable no.

Good job I let him because he has since trained full time and had a career dancing.

And learning to cope with a no (if it happens!) is a very important life skill.

11 minutes ago, MoreExcited said:

We have had the same invite...not sure how many they are offering this to but we will go just for the experience. It's probably the same class we are going to :-)

MoreExcited - is this for Manchester? Did you miss the first audition too?

It's for Birmingham, we missed it first time due to personal circumstances and they told us then they would invite her in September instead. In the meantime she has been offered a ja place with rbs so not sure how we handle it if she's offered a place. She has only ever been to the one audition for rbs so we've decided to go along to this one anyway to gain some more experience. Luckily dd is so laid back about auditions and results, she just loves to dance at any opportunity regardless of the outcome. 

Good luck with your dds auditon, I'm sure she will love taking part in the class too. 

39 minutes ago, MoreExcited said:

It's for Birmingham, we missed it first time due to personal circumstances and they told us then they would invite her in September instead. In the meantime she has been offered a ja place with rbs so not sure how we handle it if she's offered a place. She has only ever been to the one audition for rbs so we've decided to go along to this one anyway to gain some more experience. Luckily dd is so laid back about auditions and results, she just loves to dance at any opportunity regardless of the outcome. 

Good luck with your dds auditon, I'm sure she will love taking part in the class too. 

Good luck to your DD too, are u doing traditional ballet bun or cross plaits?