Flamenco in Barcelona

Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia and the people there don't consider themselves to be Spanish, therefor flamenco is not part of their culture.  There may be something for tourists though, have you asked Trip Advisor?  To see traditional dancing go to the old gothic cathedral (not the Gaudi one) on a Sunday morning where they dance in the square outside, if you ask nicely they may let you join in. 

It's one of the greatest cities on earth, you'll love it, flamenco or not.  Whatever you do don't miss Park Guell, the view there is stunning and you'll come away with a lifelong fascination for Gaudi and all his works.

• Like 2

Please don't miss the Palau de la Musica de Catalunya it's stunning, you're best to do the guided tour as that's the only way to see inside and all the exquisite décor. Tours are on the hour I think.

http://www.palaumusica.cat/ca/

I just looked at their programme and there's quite a bit of flamenco available there too.

Edited by Don Q Fan

• 3 weeks later...

Please don't miss the Palau de la Musica de Catalunya it's stunning, you're best to do the guided tour as that's the only way to see inside and all the exquisite décor. Tours are on the hour I think.

http://www.palaumusica.cat/ca/

I just looked at their programme and there's quite a bit of flamenco available there too.

Apologies for not replying sooner Don Q Fan, but I'm just back from my trip. Unfortunately, I didn't see your post until after I had left Barcelona so didn't get to follow your advice.  However, I will definitely be back in Barcelona again and will do the tour then.