Ballett Zürich Season 16/17 Tickets on sale

Tickets for Ballett Zürich's 2016/2017 season are now on sale since 11am this morning.

I would definitely recommend Swan Lake where all 15 performances sold out quickly this season. Casting has not been announced but I am sure Viktorina Kapitonova who created the role will be dancing the first performance.

Anna Karenina was also well received by critics, and Viktorina Kapitonova also created this role for Christian Spuck.

ticket sales page: http://www.opernhaus.ch/spielplan/ballett/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Swan Lake performance on Sun 09.04.2017 at 14:00 is nearly sold out.  Is there some sort of special event on 9 April?  Guest dancers?

I'm tempted to purchase one of the remaining cheap seats and a plane ticket to find out.  aviateur07.gif

Oh, thanks so for reminding me.  I have just bought tickets for two consecutive performances ... (one with the lovely Mr. Jones as well) ... and I can see those two performances in Zurich over one weekend for the cost of one ticket to the same production by the La Scala Company when they are dancing in Paris.  That's fantastic!

For everybody who wants to book tickets at Zurich: remember the very bad sight lines at the sides of the opera house, which was built for opera, not for ballet :angry: . Don't book a third row in the side boxes, you have to stand and you will see nothing even standing (I would not even book a second row). This is an old (very lovely) theatre which his built like a horseshoe, you only have a perfect view for ballet from the center sections in the balconies and of course in the whole stalls. When you book online, there's the possibility to check the view in the seating plan, use it or you will pay very much money for a bad view!! The good point is: it's a small house, even in the second balcony you are near to the stage. Oh, and the beautiful view over the Zurich lake from the outside balconies...

• Like 2

The Swan Lake performance on Sun 09.04.2017 at 14:00 is nearly sold out.  Is there some sort of special event on 9 April?  Guest dancers?

I'm tempted to purchase one of the remaining cheap seats and a plane ticket to find out.  aviateur07.gif

Dear Willie, the 9th April is the only matinee performance, and also on a weekend. This will be the chance for the many young ballet fans to watch a beautiful Swan Lake performance.

In terms of what is 'special' (guests etc.) All 14 performances were sold out last year, and a 15th added sold out within 12 hours. So demand is pretty high for the tickets. Why? Well it is a fantastic production, and the draw is Viktorina Kapitonova, for whom Christian Spuck approached Ratmansky to create the role in the first place. Also, performances received 5 star reviews in the FT, rave reviews in the German and US press. The ballet is very much about the Swan Queen, although if you are a fan of Alex Jones' looks, he is on stage a lot of the show, although he doesn't dance very much. 

Edited by SwissBalletFan
  • Like 1