Jump to content

Funding finals - wishful thinking !!


Ballet4Boyz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Can anyone tell me - if your DC is lucky enough to be offered a place at one of the vocational schools (lower schools) for full-time training ......what actually happens ? Do the schools inform you fairly quickly of the results and how long are you given to formerly accept a place...... do they put a time limit on when you have to accept for instance.

What happens then if the child has further funding auditions in the following weeks for which they'll have no idea of that outcome, but it might be for a school they prefer or feel more suited too ?? I just wondered if all the schools allow all results to be known before you have to make a decision. This would be of course a wonderful position to be in and indeed wishful thinking, but I'm sure there must be talented DC out there that have been in this dilemma ????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, they normally give you a date by which you have to accept the place and pay a deposit, or decline the offer.

 

Re waiting to hear from other schools: What some people do is to accept and pay the deposit anyway and reserve the place while they wait for the results from other finals; knowing that if they are offered a place elsewhere that they will forfeit that deposit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does make it difficult for those who might be eligible for a higher proportion of funding due to a lower family income, that's for sure. Although if you pay a deposit and then go to that school, the fact that you've paid a deposit is taken into account when working out the fees and the so on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last year my dd had offers from WL, Elmhurst and Tring and the timing was such that we did have time to make a decision (although not sure about Tring as she didn't really ever want to go there and as lucky enough to have offers from the others we didn't really consider it).

The schools do expect this to happen so you can say that you would like to accept the place before you actually have to pay a deposit and then turn them down. Good luck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...