Class difficulty - Central Adult Classes

Gargouillade

Hi everyone, I'm considering adding some of the Central adult classes to my weekly schedule on Monday and Tuesday nights. I'm specifically interested in

7.00-8.30pm Ballet (Intermediate/Advanced) with Lorien Slaughter (Monday)

7.00-8.30pm Ballet (General/Intermediate) with Denzil Bailey (Tuesday)

Could anyone comment on how difficult these classes are? I have done Denzil's intermediate class at Danceworks before but am interested to know if this would be at the same level. I have never done Lorien Slaughter's class, so I'd like to know just how 'advanced' it is. Thanks in advance!

I did Lorien's class before, I don't remember it being that difficult he had a more teacher like approach whereas Denzil's class (also at Central) was run more like a professional class. If you like a challenge and picking up fast enchainments I would recommend Denzil's class. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Both are lovely. Lorien's is a bit slower and a BIT easier. Denzil's is a bit faster, and although there are tricky things thrown in, it is about high intermediate, about the same as his at Danceworks. There are lots of balances in Denzils, especially at the barre and a lot of plies -- so it is a good class for building strength.

• Like 1