Audition dates

smallbythesea

Hi everyone

I've just looked at Elmhursts website & was surprised to see that they've released the audition dates for entry for September 2013.

How soon do we need to submit our application and do the other big schools release their dates around this time too?

I somehow thought we wouldn't be applying until September!!!

ETA: Oh, and Hammonds have been released too since I looked on Thursday!

Edited by smallbythesea

I don't think there is any hurry for the applications. My DD applied for 6th form entry this year and the big schools released dates over a period of time - most after September. We chose to send off Elmhurst and Hammond quite early as we wished to stagger audition dates (and paying for them) and it did mean that she was in the 1st audition at both these schools. I think we sent them off mid-July but I don't think anything is processed until the schools are settled into the new term in September. Re the taster day - go for it if you can. My DD did the 6th form equivalent and loved the experience. Hammond became her firm favourite amongst the schools and she is delighted to be starting there in September.

• Like 1

2dancersmum, congratulations on to your DD and best wishes for September. I just posted about the new Elmhurst website and was surprised to see all audition dates have a closing date for applications. Other posters previously mentioned the increase in applications for Elmhurst last year, so it looks as though they are managing that increase with the "closing date" system used by other schools.

NL

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure they had closing dates for Elmhurst last year too as I know we didn't receive any info about the audition day until after the closing date for the 1st audition and then it came by email when all other schools DD applied to sent details by post. In terms of an audition Elmhurst had more hopefuls per class than any where else she auditioned.