Central auditions

afab

it's time to fill in lots of forms again! After last year roller coaster of DD1's auditions, time to start again with DD2's...

As we live abroad, DD2 has a choice between auditioning with the overseas contingent and do it all in one weekend or come to the UK at least twice to audition with the UK contingent. And we don't know what's best...

Could some people with experience of each or both tell us more? Do you know if the auditions are made of small groups or else a big class? Are the classes smaller in one case or the other? Etc...

All in all I'm after your experience and advice about these auditions...

Thank you all!

Dd also commented last year that the UK audition was a very large group, though I'm not sure that really matters as the audition panel must be so tuned in to what they are looking for. Dd came away from the audition wondering how much she had been seen, but was invited to final.

• Like 1

I would say go with whichever feels best for you. Several years ago now but my dd auditioned with the overseas students even though she is uk because she had an injury and this allowed her maximum recovery time before the audition. This was Central's suggestion but she was already a pre-senior there so they did know her. Not sure if results are emailed nowadays but back then they were usually posted so for this audition they all had to wait/come back at the end of the day and were given an envelope with either a no letter or a recall for the following day.

• Like 1