summer school prices

famcandance2

Hi all.

I was wondering what you guys are paying for summer schools across the country. Is £615 for 6 nights very expensive? I am used to paying a lot less than that, but maybe I've only tried the cheap ones. If you feel uncomfortable saying on the forum, please pm me. I would be very interested to know. I am mostly thinking about residential ones. Thanks

Hi we've paid £550 for RBS summer school again for 6 nights. Although it seems quite a lot of money I think that is quite good value given that DD is boarding, so includes food and all the expert dance tuition, evening social activities etc

I think it can be the accommodation which hikes the price up, especially if they are providing supervision. Schools which own their own accommodation (eg Hammond, Whitelodge) can probably offer summer school accommodation relatively cheaply compared with those which don't.

I think your ds is probably too young to stay somewhere on his own, but if you were free to join him for the week you could weigh the cost they are charging for accommodation against how much it would cost for the two of you to stay in a Travel lodge or Youth Hostel nearby, so that you were only paying for the fees.

• Like 2

Non- Residential but The Kenn Burke and Friends Summer School in Glasgow held at The Dance School of Scotland is really good value, it's very low profile no website but excellent tuition and dancers kept busy 9.30 - 4.30 everyday.

Advanced Found and above £160.00 tuition 5 days dancing 21/2 hours every day with Mr Burke and if you need accomodation £100.00 for four nights with a host dancing family.

T.